Following our announcement last week to be prepared for the likelihood that THE ROC Spring will have to postponed, this is now a reality.

British Triathlon and the 3 Home Nations (Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon) have just announced that they have suspended organised triathlon activity until at least 30 June 2020. “The most recent instruction from the government is to stay at home for the coming weeks and even after that period, we expect to have a period of continued restriction of movement and activity. We therefore feel that it is our duty to take these steps to help protect the health and wellbeing of athletes, officials, coaches, volunteers and spectators and to alleviate the risk of an additional burden on the emergency services at a hugely testing time.”

We will therefore put into action the process that we made you aware of last week, which gives you the following options.

As per our Terms & Conditions, In the case of a postponement, all entries are moved to a new date. This date is Sunday 6th September, the day after THE ROC Summer. If you have entered this race then this will be done today and a new confirmation email sent out.

This new date will create a weekend event that will allow us to pull resources together and put on a great day to remember. This will run as a separate race to Saturday’s with separate prizes as previously publicised HERE.

Starting from today (Wednesday 25th March 2020) for a 14 day period we will allow participants to transfer to the Saturday race (subject to availability), without any cost to do so. We will also notify those entered on the Saturday that they can now move to the Sunday race if they prefer. After 14 days this option to transfer will still be available until 2 months prior to the race, although an admin fee of £10 will be incurred when doing so.

For those that can’t make this weekend, you have the option to transfer your entry at no cost to either of the 2 dates for THE ROC 2021. The dates being as follows:

Saturday 15th May 2021: THE ROC Spring
Saturday 4th September 2021: THE ROC Summer

Transferring to either of the 2021 dates can be made at no cost for the next month. After then transfers can still be made up until 2 months prior to the race but will incur an admin fee of £10.



We want to reassure you that the health and well-being of everyone involved in THE ROC is our primary concern. We hope that all who have entered will appreciate that given the situation, the right decision has been made and although we don’t issue refunds in this situation, we have made great efforts to give you plenty of options to ensure you can still take on THE ROC.

We recognise that you will share our huge disappointment and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will incur, especially for those that already moved their entry from last year’s postponed race due to Storm Hannah! But this is unprecedented times and we ask for your support and understanding while everyone works through this difficult time and we try to keep both our health and our passions alive and well.