COVID-19 & THE ROC

KEEPING YOU UP TO DATE


THE ROC Spring on Sat 16th MAY this year is currently going ahead. However, we are very aware that it is very likely soon it will no longer be possible or ethical to do so.

What we want to do at this stage is to reassure you that if we have to postpone we will do everything we can to ensure you will still get to take on THE ROC.

In the case of a postponement, all entries are moved to a new date. We have a new date cleared for Sunday 6th September, the day after THE ROC Summer. This will create a weekend event that will allow us to pull resources together and put on a great day to remember. This will run as a separate race to Saturday’s with separate prizes as previously publicised HERE and we’ll be interested to hear if anyone decides to take on both!

Once we announce the postponement for a 14 day period we will allow participants to transfer to the Saturday race (subject to availability), without any cost to do so. We will also do the same for Saturday entries to move to the Sunday race. After 14 days this option to transfer will still be available until 2 months prior to the race, although an admin fee of £10 will be incurred when doing so.

For those that can’t make this weekend, you will have the option to transfer your entry at no cost to either of the 2 dates for THE ROC 2021. The dates being as follows:

Saturday 15th May 2021: THE ROC Spring
Saturday 4th September 2021: THE ROC Summer

Transferring to either of the 2021 dates can be made at no cost for 3 months following the postponement. After then transfers can still be made right up until the end of 2020 but will incur an admin fee of £10.

THE CURRENT SITUATION

Where we are now


We want to reassure you that the health and well-being of everyone involved in THE ROC is our primary concern. We will do what we can to communicate effectively and follow public health agencies. We will continually monitor the latest government guidance around Coronavirus/COVID-19 and postpone the event if they advise to do so. British Triathlon and the 3 Home Nations (Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon) recently suspended organised triathlon activity until at least 30 April. If they extend this to include May then this will trigger the postponement too.

We recognise that if we do have to postpone then you will share our huge disappointment and sincerely apologise now for the inconvenience this will incur, especially for those that already moved their entry from last year’s postponed race due to Storm Hannah! But this is unprecedented times and we ask for your support and understanding while everyone works through this difficult time.